nsfas online application 2024-2025
nsfas online application 2024-2025
NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025 is now opened. New Applicants can visit myNSFAS Students portal and apply Online for the 2024 academic year with all the needed documents. The Scheme’s portal was opened in December 2023 and it’s expected to end on 31 of January 2024.
NSFAS Application for dates 2024-2025
NSFAS Online Application web Portal for the 2024 academic year has been opened from December 2023 to 31 January 2024. New Applicants can follow the needed procedure for applying Online below or visit www.nsfas.org.za
Do NOT apply if you meet the listed below:
- Foreign student (NOT a South African citizen)
- Over R350 000 is made up of all household income each year.
- Previously completed a tertiary degree,
- If you have already applied and received funding
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- Every South African citizen is eligible to participate in the NSFAS program.
- Each recipient of an SASSA award is given money by the NSFAS.
- Students whose total annual household incomes do not exceed R350 000
- Individuals with disabilities No household’s total income may be greater than R600,000.
- Applicants whose household income is less than R122 000 annually and who began their studies prior to 2018
Who does not qualify for NSFAS
- Students who have finish a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have received funding.
NSFAS Funding: Who does the NSFAS support?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme offers financial support to students at Tvet Colleges and Universities (NSFAS). The listed below are the areas the support covers.
University in South Africa
- Cover Accommodation
According to the university’s actual costs (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Cover’s Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Cover’s Book allowances are R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
Tvet College in South Africa
- Cover accommodation in an urban area for R24,000 per annum
- Cover accommodation in a peri-urban area for R18,900 per annum
- Cover accommodation in a rural area for R15,750 per annum
- Cover Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Cover Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
NSFAS Tvet Colleges Funding 2024-2025
Students in Tvet Colleges Seeking for Financial support from NSFAS may click here for all the process needed for applying.
Nsfas Online Application Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants should confirm that they fulfil the following entry requirements before applying:
- of South African descent
- Request a SASSA grant.
- The annual total household income must be R350 000 or less to be eligible to enroll in a TVET college or public university.
- Has completed grades 9 and 10 to qualify for financial help to attend TVET College, is enrolled as an undergraduate student, and has a family income of under R122,000 per year.
- Completed high school to qualify for financial aid at the university; Enrolled in a National Certificate
- Vocational/Program at a Public TVET College; Enrolled for the First Time in an Undergraduate Program at a Public University
NOTE. Applicants can download THE NSFAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR FINANCIAL AID HERE for more information.
Nsfas Online Application: Supporting Documents needed for Applying NSFAS
- Students must produce the following documents in clear copies: (If the necessary documentation is not given, an application will be rejected.)
- a paper or ID card (electronic and verified copies)
full birth certificate (if you do not have an ID document or ID card) a duplicate of the parents’ or guardians’ identity and a certified electronic copy (electronic and verified copies)
- a copy of the death certificates for your parents or legal guardians (should it apply) (Certified digital copies)
Paystubs, employment letters, and pension advice (not older than 3 months) Send 0 SASSA slips, please. SASSA should be deducted from household income.) (Verified digital reproductions)
- Contact details (If you have a phone number or email address, please include it so that NSFAS can contact you during the application process and inform you of the status of your application.)
- Guardians’ completed and signed NSFAS Consent Form in PDF
- NSFAS Disability Annexure A must be filled out and submitted if you have a disability (.pdf)
- You must complete and return the NSFAS Declaration Form if Orphaned (.pdf) to a NYDA
- or Isibindi Center office. It must be signed by either an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker
- or a social worker from the Department of Social Development.
Nsfas Online Application Form
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme’s (NSFAS) numerous application forms are listed below. Download the PDF version.
- Applicants can download nsfas application form here PDF
- Download Consent Form PDF
- Download Disability Annexure Form PDF
- Nsfas University bursary agreement terms and Conditions
- Nsfas Tvet bursary agreement terms and Conditions
How to Apply Nsfas online application 2024-2025
Nsfas Online Application. Applicants wanting financial support from NSFAS can know the steps need for apply online here.
Nsfas Application Status: How to check
How to check Nsfas Application Status: How do I Check my NSFAS Status. Students can verify the status of their application by following the instructions below if they haven’t heard anything about it.
- Step 1.Visit the official NSFAS website and log in to the application on the online platform: my.nsfas.org.za
- Step 2. Please click on SIGN IN and enter your login and password.
- Step 3. After search for Track Funding Progress and click on it.
- Click here for more information about your application status check.
Nsfas students accommodation
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has developed a “student accommodation gateway” that will guarantee effectiveness in areas like grading and accreditation of housing, price, paying off private housing providers, small housing providers, and enhanced student housing capacity.
The management also warns students who are requesting financial aid from them to be extremely wary of online con artists who promise to help them with their National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) financing Online Applications in exchange for a fee. Please call one of the numbers below if you need help.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has introduced the NSFAS MasterCard as a new direct payment method for student allowances. Applicants can click here to read on Nsfas Mastercard. The mastercard will help students to withdraw money from their accounts.
Nsfas Contact Information
|POSTAL||PRIVATE BAG X1, PLUMSTEAD, 7801|
|Physical||2nd Floor, House Vincent, 10 Brodie Road, Wynberg, Cape Town, 7700|
|Tel||021 763 3200 / 08000 67327|
For more information on NSFAS visit their web here