TVET Colleges NSFAS Application 2024-2025
TVET Colleges NSFAS Application 2024
NSFAS will soon open its online application portal for 2024 in 2023. Students in Tvet Colleges seeking for financial support from them are to apply.
Tvet Colleges NSFAS online Application 2024-2025. Applicants in the Tvet College seeking for financial support from NSFAS are to use the listed below semesters
|2023 NSFAS TVET Walk-In applications Calendar||Opening date||Closing date|
|Trimester 2 Applications||5th May 2023||22nd May 2023|
|Semester 2 Applications||17th July 2023||31st July 2023|
|Trimester 3 Applications||04th September 2023||20th September 2023|
Tvet Colleges NSFAS Application Cycles
In addition to the online application and walk-in assistive capture applications, the National Certificate Vocation (NC(v)) is available every year at the beginning of semester 1 and trimester 1.
- DHET calendar trimesters 2 & 3 in May & September, also walk-in assistive capture applications
- A walk-in application for assistive capture will be accepted during Semester 2 from June to July
How do I apply for TVET College funding in 2023?
You can apply through:
- Bursary offices at TVET colleges
- Office of NSFAS
TVET Colleges’ NSFAS Requirements for 2023
- This bursary scheme is only available to South African citizens
- A student must be registered at a public TVET college in South Africa that offers PLP, NC(V), or Report 191 programmes.
- An NSFAS evaluation of a student’s financial need will determine eligibility for financial assistance.
- Upon returning to the College, all students must demonstrate proven and acceptable academic performance (academically deserving) in accordance with the College’s progress policy or the Bursary Rules and Guidelines (whichever is higher).
- It is not advisable for candidates to enroll in a qualification that duplicates previous state-funded learning
- The maximum family income threshold is R350,000 per annum, and applicants who are admitted/receive a firm offer for enrolment in a college qualify.
NSFAS Funded Courses or Programmes-TVET Colleges NSFAS Application 2024-2025
Public TVET Colleges gives a very huge range of courses/programmes that have been developed to respond to the scarce skills needed by employers. Courses differ in duration from a short course of a few hours to formal diploma courses of three years.
Naturally the costs of the courses also differ considerably but it is important to recall that Department of Higher Education and Training programmes are subsidised by 80% of the delivery cost and for the remaining 20% that would be paid by the student, many full bursaries are obtainable.
NSFAS funds Ministerial approved programmes and students must refer to each college, however the generally funded programmes are below:
- Engineering Studies – (National Certificate -Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Engineering studies – Report 191 N1-N6
- Engineering and Related Design; Electrical Infrastructure; Civil Engineering Construction and Information Technology & Computer Science
- Business & Utility Studies (National Certificate – Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Report 191 N1-N6
- Management; Marketing; Finance; Office Administration; Economics & Accounting; Education & Development; Hospitality; Tourism; Safety in Society and Transport & Logistics
- Pre-Learning Programme (PLP) funding through NSFAS
For more information on NSFAS Application for Tvet Colleges click here