Application For Sassa Relief Grant
Application Requirements For Sassa Relief Grant
Are you an South African but aged, a person living with disability or a child who is affected by the outbreak of the a pandemic or any national disaster which has rendered you homeless, jobless and con not provide even the basic needs for yourself and family, then your sorrows are over because the government of South Africa through Sassa has made it possible for such persons to apply for Sassa grants.
The Sassa Relief Grant is a financial assistance program offered by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) to support individuals who are facing financial difficulties due to national disasters, pandemics, and other similar situations. The grant provides a monthly payment of R350 to eligible South African citizens, refugees, asylum seekers, and special permit holders between the ages of 18 and 60.
To apply for the Sassa Relief Grant, applicants can access the online application portal provided by SASSA. It is essential to provide accurate personal information and a mobile number to receive feedback on the application status. Applicants do not need to upload any documents, and their personal information will be shared electronically.
In case of a declined application, applicants have the option to appeal the decision by submitting an appeal to the Department of Social Development. It is crucial to follow the instructions provided in the notification of the declined application and appeal each month in which the application is declined to ensure that the original decision is not upheld.
The Sassa Relief Grant serves as a temporary measure to support individuals facing financial challenges during difficult times. It is an essential program in providing relief to those who need it most.
Application Date For Sassa Relief Grant
You can apply for the Sassa Relief Grant at any time while the online application portal is open. The applications are open each month throughout the year. The online application portal is usually open for a limited time, and SASSA will provide information on when it will be open. It is important to check the SASSA website or social media pages regularly for updates on the opening and closing dates of the application portal.
Types Of Social Relief Of Distress Grant Offered
- Care Dependency Grant
- Child Support Grant
- Disability Grant
- Foster Child Grant
- Older Person Grant
- Social Relief of Distress
- War Veterans Grant
Application Eligibility For Sassa Relief Grant
The following is the list of persons who are qualified to apply for the social relief of distress grants:
- South African Citizens, Permanent Residents or Refugees registered with Home Affairs;
- Resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
- Above the age of 18;
- Not receiving any income;
- Not receiving any social grant;
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support; and
- Not resident in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
Application Requirements For Sassa Relief Grant
Prospective applicants applyingin the year 2024/2025 are to upload the following Sassa application requirements:
- Identity Number
- Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials)
- Gender and Disability
- Banking details Bank Name and Account Number
- Contact details Cell phone number
- Proof of Residential Address
The Sassa Relief Grant application process can be completed online through the SASSA website. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the SASSA website and navigate to the Sassa Relief Grant application page.
- Fill out the application form with accurate personal information. Be sure to provide a mobile number to receive feedback on the application status.
- Review the application form and confirm that all the information provided is accurate.
- Submit the application form. Applicants do not need to upload any documents, and their personal information will be shared electronically.
- Wait for feedback on the application status. Applicants can check their application status on the SASSA website or by receiving a notification via the mobile number provided in the application form.
- If an applicant’s application is declined, they may appeal the decision by following the appeal process instructions provided in the notification of the declined application. It is crucial to appeal each month in which the application is declined to ensure that the original decision is not upheld.
It is important to note that the Sassa Relief Grant is a temporary measure to provide relief during difficult times. If you are facing long-term financial challenges, you may want to consider other forms of financial assistance or seek advice from a financial advisor or a social worker.
Contact Details Of SRD
In terms of the Application process, an application for social relief of distress or a social grant may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means of lodging such applications. The measures applicable include sending a WhatsApp message to 0600 123 456 and selecting SASSA or an E-mail to SRD@sassa.gov.za(link sends e-mail).
- SASSA call centre 0800 60 10 11
- Call centre available working hours only
- Link to the Postbank call centre for SASSA/SAPO card-related enquiries