Sassa For January 2024
Sassa For January Grants 2024
- From the 3rd of January, Sassa grants for the aged will be released
- From the 4th of January, Sassa grants for the physically impaired or people with a disability will be released.
- From the 5th of January, Sassa will release the grant for children
Sassa Grants For January Application Eligibility 2024
The eligibility criteria for SASSA grants can vary depending on the type of grant. Here are some general eligibility requirements for the most common types of SASSA grants:
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident, aged 60 years or older and not receiving any other form of a social grant or pension.
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident, younger than 60 years old and be medically certified as permanently disabled and unable to work.
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident and be the primary caregiver of a child who is under the age of 18, and not receiving any other form of a social grant or financial support.
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident and be the primary caregiver of a child who has been placed in your care by a court order.
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident, receiving a social grant and require regular assistance with your activities of daily living due to a physical or mental disability.
These are just some of the eligibility requirements for SASSA grants. Other criteria may apply, depending on the specific grant you are applying for. It is recommended to check with your nearest SASSA office for more information and assistance with the application process.
When applying for the SASSA R350 grant in 2024, there are some documents that you will need to provide. These documents may include:
- South African ID document or birth certificate
- Proof of residence (e.g. a utility bill, bank statement, or official letter)
- Proof of unemployment (e.g. a letter from your previous employer or a sworn affidavit)
- Bank account details (if you have a bank account)
- Cellphone number (as this will be used to communicate with you about the status of your application)
Sassa Grants For January Application 2024
Application for the Sassa R350 grant can be done by following the steps below:
- Make sure that you have a valid South African ID number and an active cellphone number.
- Log on to the SASSA website and click on the “COVID-19 SRD” link on the homepage.
- Follow the process and complete the online application form.
- Once you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive an SMS with a reference number.
- You can then use the reference number to track the outcome of your application.
- Alternatively, you can apply through WhatsApp by sending the word “SASSA” to 082 0468 553. A chatbot will guide you through the application process.
- It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria for the R350 grant may change when the application process reopens.
Sassa Contact Details
- Toll-free: 0800 60 10 11 or CPS 0800 60 01 60
- Email: GrantEnquiries@sassa.gov.za
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
You will be reminded by Sassa to provide the required documents when completing the online application form or chatting with the WhatsApp chatbot. To avoid any delays or issues, make sure you have these documents on hand before you start the application process. Visit the official website of Sassa For More Details.