Sassa Grant December 2024
Sassa Grant December Application 2024
Sassa (South African Social Security Agency) provides various social grants to eligible individuals and families in South Africa throughout the year, including in December. The grants offered by Sassa are meant to provide financial assistance to those who are in need, such as the elderly, disabled, and children from low-income families.
In December, Sassa pays out the regular monthly grants to beneficiaries as usual, along with an additional bonus payment, commonly known as the 13th cheque or Christmas bonus. This bonus payment is equivalent to the regular monthly grant amount and is meant to provide additional support during the festive season.
It is important to note that not all Sassa grants qualify for the December bonus payment. The bonus payment is typically provided to beneficiaries of grants such as the old age grant, disability grant, and child support grant. However, beneficiaries of other grants, such as the foster care grant, do not receive the bonus payment.
To ensure that you receive your Sassa grant and the December bonus payment, it is important to keep your details up to date with Sassa and comply with their requirements, such as attending regular assessments and submitting required documentation.
Sassa Grant December Application Date 2024
Applicants who have applied for grants in December should expect to receive their Sassa grant in December by the following dates:
- From the 3rd of December, Sassa grants for the aged will be released
- From the 4th of December, Sassa grants for the physically impaired or people with a disability will be released.
- From the 5th of December, Sassa will release the grant for children
Who Qualifies To Apply For Sassa Grant In December
To qualify for a Sassa (South African Social Security Agency) grant in December, an individual must first meet the general eligibility criteria for the specific grant they are applying for. Sassa provides various social grants, including old age grant, disability grant, child support grant, foster child grant, and others.
To apply for the old age grant:
- an individual must be 60 years of age or older and a South African citizen or permanent resident.
To Apply for disability grant,
- an individual must have a disability and be between the ages of 18 and 59.
To Apply For child support grant:
- is available to parents or caregivers who are responsible for children under the age of 18 and meet the financial eligibility criteria.
To Apply For foster child grant
- is for those who provide foster care for a child who has been orphaned or abandoned.
Note: In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria for a specific grant, to receive the December bonus payment, the grant beneficiary must have been receiving the grant for at least three months prior to December and must still be eligible for the grant in December. The bonus payment is typically provided to beneficiaries of grants such as the old age grant, disability grant, and child support grant.
When applying for the SASSA R350 grant in December 2024, there are some documents that you will need to provide. These documents may include:
- South African ID document or birth certificate
- Proof of residence (e.g. a utility bill, bank statement, or official letter)
- Proof of unemployment (e.g. a letter from your previous employer or a sworn affidavit)
- Bank account details (if you have a bank account)
- Cellphone number (as this will be used to communicate with you about the status of your application)
Sassa For December Application Procedure 2024/2025
Application for the Sassa R350 grant can be done by following the steps below:
- Make sure that you have a valid South African ID number and an active cellphone number.
- Log on to the SASSA website and click on the “COVID-19 SRD” link on the homepage.
- Follow the process and complete the online application form.
- Once you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive an SMS with a reference number.
- You can then use the reference number to track the outcome of your application.
- Alternatively, you can apply through WhatsApp by sending the word “SASSA” to 082 0468 553. A chatbot will guide you through the application process.
- It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria for the R350 grant may change when the application process reopens.
Sassa Contact Details
- Toll-free: 0800 60 10 11 or CPS 0800 60 01 60
- Email: GrantEnquiries@sassa.gov.za
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
Please note that all information will be provided electronically and there is no need to upload any documentation. Please ensure that you provide SASSA with a Mobile Number (cell phone number) where they can reach you to provide you with feedback on the status of your application. You can also obtain the status of your application on this website. Visit the official website of Sassa For More Details.