Sassa Grant For December
Sassa Grant For December: Will SASSA pay double this December?
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) provides social grants to eligible individuals in need of financial assistance. One of the grants offered by SASSA is the December Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
The December SRD grant is a one-time payment made available to eligible people throughout the holiday season. The stipend is meant to offer short-term help to people who require financial aid throughout the holiday season. The grant money is given out as a flat sum and fluctuates depending on each person’s unique situation.
In order to be eligible for the December SRD grant, candidates must fulfil specific requirements. They include being a citizen or lawful permanent resident in South Africa, having no other source of income or social aid, and needing money support. Applications for the December SRD grant usually open in November and close in December. It’s important to note that the grant is only available during the month of December and is not a recurring payment.
SASSA Grant Dates for December 2023
The SASSA grants dates for December 2023 are as follows:
- 03 December 2023 – Old Age Grant
- 04 December – Disability Grant
- 05 December – Child Support Grant
- 05 December – All other grants (Foster Care, Care dependency, etc.)
Read Also: sassa website for r350 grant
Sassa Grant Application Required Criteria
To qualify for theSassa grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or a refugee with a valid permit.
- Be currently unemployed.
- Not be receiving any other form of income support (such as UIF or other government grants).
- Be over the age of 18 and not older than the state pension age.
- Not be receiving any social grant from Sassa.
- Not be receiving any other government-funded financial support.
- Not have a regular income.
- Not have access to any other form of financial support from family, friends, or any other source.
Application for Sassa Grant Documents
Eligible candidates must upload the following documents to the Sassa in order to apply for the grant:
- South African ID document or Smart ID card
- Bank statement that is not older than three months, or
- A bank confirmation letter with the applicant’s banking details (bank name, account holder name, and account number)
- Proof of residence, which can include a utility bill or a statement from a traditional authority or a ward councillor.
It is essential to keep copies of all documents submitted for future reference and to ensure that the information provided is accurate and truthful. Providing false information or documentation may result in the rejection of the application or possible legal consequences.
How to apply for the December Sassa Grant Online
To apply for a SASSA grant online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website: Go to the official SASSA website at www.sassa.gov.za.
- Register an account: Click on the “MySASSA” button and select “Register”. You will need to provide your personal information, such as your ID number and contact details, to create an account.
- Log in to your account: Once you have registered, you can log in to your MySASSA account using your ID number and password.
- Apply for the grant: Once you are logged in, click on “Apply for a grant” and select the type of grant you wish to apply for.
- Provide your information: You will need to provide your personal and financial information, including your bank details, to complete your application.
- Submit your application: Once you have provided all the necessary information, submit your application online.
- Follow up on your application: You can track the status of your application by logging into your MySASSA account.
It’s important to note that some SASSA grants may require additional documents to be submitted, such as a certified copy of your ID, proof of residence, and proof of income. Be sure to check the specific requirements for the grant you are applying for. Will SASSA pay double this December?
Types of Grants Offered at SASSA ( South African Social Security Agency)
There are several types of SASSA grants available to eligible individuals and families in South Africa. These include:
- Child Support Grant
- Older Person’s Grant
- Disability Grant
- Foster Child Grant
- War Veterans Grant
- Care Dependency Grant
Will SASSA pay double this December?
SASSA Contact Details:
- Address: SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Street, PRETORIA
- SASSA Head Office: 012 400 2000
- SASSA toll-free Helpline: 0800 60 10 11
- SASSA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the SASSA website at www.sassa.gov.za for more information and updates on their services. Please use the link provided above to get in touch with the organization if you have any important questions or other comments. Visit this website for further details.
SOME RELATED ARTICLE