350SASSA: How to check R350 SASSA grant?
The R350 SASSA grant is a form of social assistance provided by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) to eligible individuals who are unemployed or have lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant is intended to provide temporary relief to those who are in need of financial assistance during this difficult time.
The R350 grant is paid out monthly and is available for a period of six months. The grant amount is R350 per month and is paid directly into the bank account of the beneficiary. The grant is available to South African citizens, permanent residents, and refugees with valid permits.
Applicants must fulfil specific qualifying requirements in order to be eligible for the R350 SASSA grant. They include being between the ages of 18 and 59, being unemployed, not having any other source of income, and not getting any other type of social aid from the government. Applications for the R350 SASSA grant can be made online or in person at a SASSA office. Applicants will need to provide their personal and financial information, as well as their bank account details, to receive the grant payments.
Read Also: sassa relief grant online application
R350 SASSA Required Criteria
For eligibility for the R350 SASSA grant, applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or refugee with a valid permit.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 59 years old.
- Currently unemployed or not receiving any form of income.
- Not receiving any other social grant from the government.
- Not receiving any Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) benefits.
- Have no other means of financial support.
- Have a valid and active cellphone number and bank account.
- Not residing in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
- Not receiving any assistance from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) or any other government-funded program.
- Provide proof of income, if requested by SASSA.
It’s important to note that meeting these criteria does not guarantee that an individual will qualify for the R350 SASSA grant.
R350 SASSA Documents
To apply for the R350 SASSA grant, applicants will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid South African ID, a passport and a valid permit for refugees or asylum seekers.
- A cellphone number that is active and registered in the applicant’s name.
- A bank account in the applicant’s name, with an active debit card. The bank account must be capable of receiving electronic payments.
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement, if requested by SASSA.
- Proof of income, if requested by SASSA. This could include a letter from a previous employer or a sworn affidavit stating that the applicant is unemployed and has no other source of income.
It’s significant to note that based on the unique circumstances of the applicant, the documentation needed may change. To confirm a candidate’s eligibility for the R350 SASSA grant, SASSA has the right to need additional documents or information. It is advised to confirm the application’s required documentation with SASSA or a SASSA office. How to check R350 SASSA grant?
How to apply for R350 SASSA Online
To apply for the R350 SASSA grant online, follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website: Go to the official SASSA website at www.sassa.gov.za.
- Register an account: Click on the “MySASSA” button and select “Register”. You will need to provide your personal information, such as your ID number and contact details, to create an account.
- Log in to your account: Once you have registered, you can log in to your MySASSA account using your ID number and password.
- Apply for the grant: Once you are logged in, click on “Apply for a grant” and select “COVID-19 SRD Grant”.
- Provide your information: You will need to provide your personal and financial information, including your bank details, to complete your application.
- Submit your application: Once you have provided all the necessary information, submit your application online.
- Follow up on your application: You can track the status of your application by logging into your MySASSA account.
It’s important to note that SASSA may require additional documents to be submitted, such as a certified copy of your ID, proof of residence, and proof of income. Be sure to check the specific requirements for the grant you are applying for.
How to check R350 SASSA grant?
SASSA Contact Details:
- Address: SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Street, PRETORIA
- SASSA Head Office: 012 400 2000
- SASSA toll-free Helpline: 0800 60 10 11
- SASSA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the SASSA website at www.sassa.gov.za for more information and updates on their services. Please use the link provided above to get in touch with the organization if you have any important questions or other comments. Visit this website for further details.