My Nsfas Application 2024/2025
My Nsfas Online Application 2024/2025
The Nsfas online application date for 2024/2025 has been published on the official website of Nsfas. South African students who are currently enrolled in a public college or University can now go ahead to apply for Nsfas. From the 28th of September, the application window will be open and the applications will be closing of on the 7th of January. Nsfas may not extend the application date therefore apply as quickly as possible.
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges. Applicants are to upload all required documents when applying.
All South African nationals who are enrolled in South African institutions, in need of financial aid, and who can demonstrate that they will succeed academically are eligible for NSFAS financing. NSFAS finances primarily undergraduate students, but it may also pay for additional coursework if it’s necessary for your profession.
My Nsfas Application Date 2024/2025
Are you currently enrolled in any of the South African public Universities and Tvet college or you are now intending to apply? Will be needing the support of the government to assist you, then apply for Nsfas. For the study year 2024/2025, Nsfas applications will be open from the 28th of September and the application window for Nsfas will be closing on the 7th of January. Apply now to increase your chances.
Who Is Qualified For To Apply For Nsfas In 2024/2025
The following persons are eligible to apply for Nsfas:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. The following are what the Nsfas caters for:
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: NSFAS Bursary Application 2023/2024
My Nsfas Application Requirements 2024/2025
Applicants applying for Nsfas for the 2024/2025 academic are to have the following document even prior to the application process:
- Copy of South African birth certificate/copy of ID document/Temporary ID of the student
- Copy of South African birth certificate/copy of ID document/Temporary ID of parent(s)/guardian/spouse
- Proof of income (where applicable) – student/parent(s)/guardian or spouse (not older than 3 months.
- SASSA recipients have no proof of income required.
- A student recognized as a vulnerable child (e.g. Orphan) must submit a completed Vulnerable Child Declaration Form completed by the Social worker
My Nsfas Online Application Process For 2024/2025
Applicants are to follow the process below to apply for Nsfas:
- Visit the Nsfas application 2024 website at www.nsfas.org.za/apply -2024
- Click on the myNsfas tab
- Create a myNsfas account.
- Click on Apply
- Update your personal information
- Answer the question you will see on the screen
- Upload all required supporting documents
- Click on submit
NSFAS Contact Details
- Post: Private Bag X1, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
Address: 10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700
Tel: 0860 067 327
Do you wish to study or are already studying at a public university or TVET college and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less, then apply for Nsfas. NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges. Visit The official website of Nsfas For More Details.